Hey my beauts, I hope your week is going good so far! Okay okay, so I know what you guys are probably all thinking…. “lyss…. this is a beauty related blog channel too… what happened to all the makeup tutorials?”. I guess lately, I have been so into doing more inspiring and giving life advice on my channel, I pushed makeup to the back burner and I apologize for that! Do I still love makeup? Absolutely. Am I still going to upload more blogs in relation to makeup and tutorials? Hells yes my friends, hells yes. So I was going through my Instagram pictures today, just browsing through them cause I am a conceited bitch like that… just kidding.. not really. I came across some nights out recently where I really did like my makeup look that certain night. I decided to recreate those looks for you guys in case any of yous were interested! I wrote today’s look on a more subtle makeup tutorial that is super easy to recreate. Enjoy!
“Wash that face hunny“
- First things first, make sure that face of yours is clean and ready for some makeup application! After cleaning my face, I go in with my primer by Benefit Cosmetics called “the Porefessional” and apply this all over my face. This helps ensure that my makeup stays on throughout the entire event that I am getting ready for! Sadly my face has been hating me lately and has been breaking out like crazy! It’s so sad. But do not worry if you are going through the same thing, we have a heavy duty foundation routine that we are going to do!
2. Next, you are going to cover up those pimps and blemishes with a good concealer. I literally always use a random one all the time, I never actually use the same one so I can not really recommend a really good concealer for you beauts. I then go in with my heavy duty foundation called, “Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation“, and apply this all over my face. This foundation is literally life. I always and I mean always use this when I go out for the night . This is super full coverage and makes your skin look flawless. The only downfall I would have to say about it would be that it feels rather heavy on your face, but you get used to it after a little bit.
3. I then apply my “Mac Studio Fix” powder all over my face, to help set my foundation.
4 After applying my powder, I then like to go in and contour my cheek bones, nose, forehead and jawline. I love using my “Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette” in the shade Light to Medium and go in with the bottom bronzers.I take the first one and apply it to my cheekbones and jawline.
I then take the second lighter brown shade and apply this to the bridge of my nose.
Lastly, I take the warmer brown shade and apply this to the temples of my forehead and along the top of my forehead.
5. I then of course, like to highlight my face after I am done contouring. Right now I am using my “Instant Age Rewind Eraser” in the shade “ligh”t and apply this underneath my eyes, along the bridge of my nose, the middle of my forehead, and underneath my cheek bones.
6. After I am finished contouring and highlighting, I then am ready to get onto the fun part…. the eyes! I take my favourite eyelid primer, “the Kat Von D High Voltage Primer” and apply this all over my lids. I then am going to use my Naked Palette and go in with the shade “Virgin” and apply this all over my entire lid. Literally love this palette, I do not care if it’s rather on the old side, it is still one of my favourites by far.
I then go in with the shade “naked” and apply this within the crease. This is such a beautiful transition colour and is not harsh whatsoever. If we are going to incorporate a bold lip, we want to make sure that we not doing an overly dramatic eye look for it. We are going to keep the eyes as simple as possible, yet they ae still going to look flawless with this look.
7. After the shadow has been applied, I am then going to go in with my black liquid eyeliner and apply this on top of my lids. I currently do not have a favourite liner at the moment, as I was not too pleased with the one I used in this look. If you beauts have any favourite liners be sure to let me know, I am open to trying new things!
8. I am then going to go in with my mascara. Right now I have been using my Benefit Cosmetics, “They’re Real” mascara and I absolutely love it. Not only does it compliment my long lashes but it also curls them up without an eyelash curler.
9. Next, I like to throw a darker shade eyeshadow on my lower lash line. I find this helps pull the look altogether and makes the eyes really pop. I am taking the shade “Buck” from the Naked Palette and applying this underneath the lower lash line acting as an eyeliner.
10. I of course, need to add some blush to this makeup look. I love my Nars blush in the shade “Deep Throat” and apply this to the apples of my cheeks. I think this is such a subtle shade and looks absolutely gorgeous with any look.
10. I can not forget my favourite part! The highlighter. I absolutely absolutely love my highlighter called, “Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder” in the shade 01 and apply this to the bridge of my nose, the middle of my forehead, my cheek bones and a bit above my upper lip. I have been using this highlighter for years now and it is deff going to be hard to break our relationship up!
11. Now it’s onto the fun part….. them lips! I decided to use my Nars “Velvet Matte Lip Pencil” in the shade “Crimsen Red”. I honestly really love this shade, it comes off as an inbetween red/pink colour which is so beautiful.
Voila! Look at how flawless this look is! I absolutely love it and the best part is you can wear it for a day and night time look. You can also add in some fake lashes if you are feeling spontaneous which I was!
“Life is short… Your lashes shouldn’t be”
I hope you beauts enjoyed this blog post for today! If you have any suggestions on tutorials you would like me to do please comment down below! Remember to follow my other social media sites to make sure you’re up to date with my latest uploads!
main instagram page- alyssahotrum_xo
blogging instagram page- thatothertwin_xo
Much love xo.