Good afternoon my gorgeous beauts! How is your lazy Sunday going? Technically, I usually always like to sleep in when it comes to the weekend, but since having to get up super early last week, my body is used to getting up around 7:30-8…. terrible! On the bright side, however, I can get a lot of shit done and literally get it done before noon which is unreal! I know that I had uploaded a boomerang clip on my Instagram indicating that I would be uploading some makeup tutorials for you guys based on the new Modern Renaissance Palette that I purchased at Sephora from Anastasia Beverly Hills. Guys….. GUYS… one more time GUYS. Can I just say this is one of the most stunning makeup palettes that I have ever seen and used in my life. The colours are absolutely flawless and you can literally create a million looks with this palette which is amazing. I honestly did not really hear much about this palette until my friend Katherine Steele purchased this a while back and also some of my other friends had purchased this as well. Disclaimer, any pictures that I upload onto my blog that look completely profesh…. Katherine has probably taken them. Be sure to look up the hashtag #ksteelephotography on Instagram to check out some of her pictures, they are amazing and she is so talented. Anywho, so I finally got my hands on this palette and let me just say….for sure not disappointed and neither will you guys be! I also love how this palette pushes me out of my comfort zone when it comes to colours. Usually, I like to stick with the brown shades because I know they compliment my hazel eyes well. Today I was inspired on Pinterest to show you guys a “pink spotlight makeup tutorial” using this palette. I know what some of you guys are thinking, why the hell that name? Basically, I am going to create a subtle pink smokey eye attaching to the inner corner of my eyes. Lastly, I will be applying a shimmer in the middle to create a spotlight effect. Shall we get started?
- First, you need to ensure you are starting off with a freshly cleansed face. I find I look so different without makeup! But hey, I love my makeup so it’s all good! After cleansing my face, I go in with a hydrating moisturizer and eye cream and apply this.
2. Next, I go in with my favourite heavy duty foundation that I have previously mentioned in other blog posts, the “Urban Decay All nighter foundation” and apply this all over my face with a damp beauty blender. After letting the foundation sit on my face for a few minutes, I go in with a setting powder , my “mac studio fix powder“, and apply this all over my face as well.
3. I also fix up them brows. I literally hate my brows without any makeup product on them, they are so sparse and skinny which sucks but thank god for some “Anastasia Beverly Hils Dip Brow” in the shade Taupe.
4. After these first few steps are complete, I always like to finish off my face first before moving onto the eyes. I am going to start contouring and highlighting my face using the new “Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit” in collaboration with Anastasia Beverly Hills. I purchased this a couple of days ago and I am in love. The lady working at Sephora informed me to use the darker shades in this kit as a contour so I decided to give it a shot! I applied this product to the outer bridge of my nose, the sides of my forehead, my jawline and my cheek bones. Since this is a very shimmery bronzer I decided to also go in with my “Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit” and go over top of all the areas with the first bottom brown. I found this helped enhance all the areas while still keeping that beautiful shimmer.
( I used the shade 143 when contouring my face)
5. Next, I am going to go in with my highlighter which is the “Maybelline Instant Age rewind Eraser” in the shade light and apply this to the middle of my forehead, bridge of my nose, underneath my cheek bones and as well as under my eyes. After waiting a few minutes to set, I go in with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit and apply the yellow shade over top of the highlighter that is underneath my eyes. This helps to brighten up my eyes and literally makes such an improvement!
6. After we are finished highlighting and contouring, we can move onto the fun part! I can not wait to show you guys the finished look, I was honestly super pleased with how beautiful and flawless it turned out. So I am using the beautiful Modern Renaissance palette and going in with the first shade “warm taupe” and applying this above my crease. Guys, I forgot to mention, always make sure you prime your eyelids first before applying any eyeshadow. I can not emphasize how important this step is! You are applying this shade above the crease to act as a nice and subtle transition shade.
7. Next, you are going to go in with the shade “love letter” and apply this beautiful pink to the outer V of your eyes. I would highly recommend taking small bits of this product at a time as this palette is extremely pigmented. For this look, I built up the colour to my desired look. I also used a small blending brush to make sure there were not harsh bits. You want to always ensure that everything is blended in nicely. I then dragged my fluffy brush across my crease and distributed product to the inner corner of my eyes. This creates such an interesting look, and I can say I have never thought to do this kind of look before! You also want to ensure you are not getting any of the pink shade in the middle of your lids, as this will be replaced with another colour.
( I honestly did not know how much my eyes would pop using pink shades!)
8. After applying this shade to the eyes, I am now going to go in with the shade “Vermeer“, and apply this to the middle of my lid. This is going to act as the “spotlight effect“, and you will clearly see why! I could not get over how pigmented each colour was! It literally was mindblowing and I was so pleased! You want to not use too much product when completing this step, as you only have a small area to cover.
9. After creating the spotlight effect, I then went in to create a winged liner effect using multiple products. First, to create the gel liner across the lid, I went in with my “Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen“, and dragged this straight across. I then went in with my “Maybelline Master Duo Eyeliner” to create the winged effect. I do love this product because it allows for some flexibility when deciding how thick you want your wing to be depending on how you are holding the pen. However, I found that it takes a few tries to build up the product ensuring it’s completely black and matte. After applying my liners, I then tight line my upper lash line with the “Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon“, which is absolutely unreal. This helps pull the entire look together!
10. I am now going in with my favourite mascara recently which is the “Benefit They’re Real” mascara, and apply this to my top and bottom lashes. I am always going to go back in with the shade “love letter” and apply this underneath my bottom lash line acting as a pink eyeliner.
11. Now for the lips! I am going to be using the Mac lipliner pencil in the shade “Soar” and outline my lips as well as fill them in with this shade.
12. Now for the last finishing touches! I am going to be going in with the “Glow Kit” and using the shade “Kitty Kat” which is a beautiful pink shimmer and applying this above my cheek bones, bridge of my nose, middle of my forehead, and just above my upper lip. I am also going to be taking the shade “lit” and applying this over top of the previous highlighter to add a more dramatic effect. I am also taking my favourite blush by Nars in the shade “deep throat” and applying this to the apples of my cheeks.
Guuyyysssss… How beautiful is this look? I literally am going to wear this the next time I go out for sure, it’s a must!
“I like long romantic walks down the makeup aisle”
Well I hope you guys enjoyed this look! Let me know what you guys thought of it, and if you guys have gotten your hands on these two beautiful palettes from Sephora. So so so happy I did! Make sure you follow my other social media accounts to stay updated!
main instagram page- alyssahotrum_xo
blogging instagram page- thatothertwin_xo
pinterest- alyssa hotrum
(Can we also take into account this cute ass mug I purchased from Starbucks yesterday…. look at those gold hearts… I am inlove.)
Much love xo.